- 0 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 0 week duration
The Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University employs 120 full-time and adjunct faculty members drawn from some of the top law firms and legal institutions in the nation. The professors have worked in the White House, argued before the Supreme Court, and served as ambassadors to our most important allies and trading partners. Ranked 21st in the nation for scholarly impact. With this degree, you will have the opportunity to strengthen your academic credentials and stand out to prospective legal employers.This innovative online LL.M. program is designed to meet the needs of foreign-trained lawyers seeking knowledge of U.S. Law to improve their legal skill sets. These courses are designed for flexibility which will allow you to stay in your home country while balancing your career and other commitments. In particular, the U.S. Law LL.M. program curriculum meets the requirements for both the California and Washington State Bar exams.
- Enhance ability to meet the academic qualifications required to take the California Bar exam and become a US qualified lawyer. Upon qualifying into US, you can then take QLTS to qualify into UK and OLQE into Hong Kong and become a qualify UK and Hong Kong lawyer.
- Gives you the opportunity to gain a legal qualification at Master’s level – enabling you to pursue a career in a wide variety of disciplines.
- Bolster academic credentials, improve career opportunities and stand out to prospective legal employers without neglecting professional and personal commitments.
- Earn a respected and valuable degree from a top-tier US law school.
- Effectively handle U.S legal matters. GMU School of Law gives you access to faculty who have worked in the White House, in the U.S. Supreme Court, in major law firms, and who have first-hand knowledge of U.S. law.
- Flexibility: The program consists of 26 credits, you can take anywhere. Earn a degree in as little as one year, or as long as three years.
August 1/ December 1
Fall 2019/ Spring 2020
GMAT or TOFEL requirements:
Q. May I qualify to take a U.S. bar examination by enrolling in the GMU online LLM in U.S. Law?
A: Every state in the United States has its own unique set of rules to qualify for the bar examination in that state. Interested applicants can consult Asia Bar Review for FREE advise on eligibility, our contact is +852 3183 4181 or +65 6632 3610 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and leave your number our consultants can get back to you . Currently the states of California and Washington allow graduates of online LLM programs at ABA approved law schools to sit for the bar exam- under select circumstances and meeting their requirements.
Q. How much does the program cost?
A. Each credit is $1,000 for the online program. You would need 26 credits to graduate.
Q. Since this program is online, can I take courses whenever I want?
A. The program is flexible. You can pick the courses and the number of courses that you want to take at any given time. Each semester is comprised of two terms (of 8 weeks each). You will register and pay for courses for the upcoming semester (two terms). Registration will occur in August, January, and May for the upcoming semester. Please contact Asia Bar Review for details.
Q. How will my instructor know that I attended class?
A. Your attendance is tracked automatically each time you log into your course; the system also tracks all submitted work.
Q. Is there ever a time I have to actually visit the School of Law, either to be admitted into the program or examination, or at any other point during the program?
A. No. There is no requirement you physically visit the campus.
Q. How does the application process work?
A.To be considered for admission, please kindly send us the completed application form with resume and GPA. We will first help you to make an initial application. Once received, the Director of Admission will determine whether to grant a phone interview. If granted, you will receive an email from her to schedule an appointment. After the phone interview, you would need to submit the following documents via LSAC account:
- Application Fee
- Official Academic Transcript(s)
- 500 Word Statement
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- roof of English Language Proficiency (depends)
Q. I received my law degree outside the United States. How does that impact my ability to enroll in the U.S. LLM degree?
A: This program is designed specifically for those having a law degree from outside the United States. We welcome the opportunity to engage with professionals from all nations.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings